Old food yesterday, raw today.
Making the switch to a raw dog food diet can be as easy as putting down a bowl of food.
Here’s how to help make the switch go easily
- Do a complete swap – dry/canned one day, raw the next – most dogs won’t need encouragement!
- Don’t mix feed, old with new or raw with kibble
- Start the switch on a new day – don’t mix foods on the same day
- Match the protein they were eating before switching and keep them on this for three days (e.g if they were eating a tinned Chicken Adult food or dry Chicken and Duck kibble then start off on our Chicken and Bone Complete for three days). After this time you can introduce our other varieties
Changing your dog to a raw food diet is easy and just takes a couple of tweaks to your daily schedule. And in fact, many new customers feeding raw dog food for the first time are astonished at how much easier it is.
Your dog might give you those big eyes. Your cat might meow asking for other food. If they were on a processed diet before then they will be used to – addicted to even – the carbs and sugar they used to eat. Don’t feel tempted to mix feed or give them the odd meal of their old food. Just stick to raw and it’s be good health all the way.
You can set yourself up as a raw feeder in a few steps:
- Just check how much freezer storage space you have
- Know how much to feed a day
- Defrost your first tray (we usually do this overnight, in the fridge)
- Work out when to feed and how much
- Get into the rhythm
- You’ve made the switch!
We are here to help.
If you are confused, or just need your hand holding for the first feed, we are here to help. Use our live chat thingy to your right, or email, read the FAQ’s or call us.
Read all about it
Our RAWPLICITY guide contains loads more information about getting yourself started as a raw feeder. We also have tricks and tips on switching fussier dogs and also advice on feeding puppies. And if you have any questions just email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help!