Your pup will love our recipes for dog treats. For Halloween try these pumpkin bites from The Natural Canine Kitchen. No tricks, just treats!
Happy Halloween from all of us at Poppy’s Picnic HQ 🎃
Pumpkin is one of our favourites as we all know it is great for our furry friends and the hoomans can enjoy the seeds as a crunchy snacks. In the spirit of this spooky season, we want to share a healthy Halloween treat recipe from Functional Canine Dietary Consultant, Emma Rutherford of The Natural Canine Kitchen for your dogs to try at home:
- 300g of gluten-free rolled large oats
- 300g of cooked pumpkin / butternut squash (canned is fine, no sweetened pie filling)
- 30g of organic nut butter, cashew or almond
- 1 tsb of shredded ﾠcoconut (unsweetened) or sesame seeds
- Mix everything together in a bowl
- Roll into small palm balls and place on a baking tray with a baking sheet on
- Sprinkle the coconut over the tray and shake the balls from side to side to coat the balls
- Bake in an oven at 180° C / 360° F for 30 mins
- Serve when cooled down
- Store in the fridge for up to 7 days or freeze for up to 3 months
Good luck and hope you (well your dogs…) enjoy!
Don’t let your pooch get spooked this Halloween…
Remember to keep your dogs safe tonight by making sure they stay away from chocolate, that human nibbles are kept out of reach and they don’t come across any scary masks at the front door! 👹🤡
Are you celebrating this evening? We’d love to see your pups with their Halloween pumpkins! Just head over to our Facebook page to post your photos with the hashtag #poppyspicnic.
Dylan and Poppy x