Poppy is back on ITV's This Morning!
WOOF! Did you catch Poppy on This Morning?
Poppy was back in the ITV This Morning ‘studio’, this time with hosts Holly and Phil. While missing rubbing shoulders in the Green Room, the studio came to her home and she was happy to talk about how dogs can live up to an extra three years by feeding fresh nutritious food.
We remember the first call from This Morning (after our Channel 4 Come Dine with Me episode where we fed contestants dog food) when and Poppy and hosts Eamonn and Ruth tucked into our food.
We’re so happy to feature again and show how our fresh raw dog food is the best nutrition for our four-legged friends.
Poppy, ever the professional when food is around, was dedicated to the cause - move over Holly, there's another lady in town!
The recipes were ‘Lady and The Tramp Meatballs’, ‘Poppy’s Taste of Summer’, ‘Picnic in the Park’ Low Fat Naked Chicken Goujons and a Breakfast Smoothie. See below for full recipe or visit here.
It was fantastic to highlight the benefits of a healthy diet for dogs and how much they enjoy eating fresh foods. And let’s not forget the extra benefits of a home cooked style diet - fresher breath, smaller poo’s and a shiny coat.
Our fresh raw food is made from ingredients your dog will love and packed full of nutrients and essential vitamins.
And don’t forget our POWER BALLS and MIGHTY MINCE ranges can be served raw or cooked.
We’d love you to try the recipes with your dog and share your photos on Facebook page.
Lady and The Tramp MeatballsIngredients
500g of Poppy's Picnic POWER BALLS Beef
1 Chicken Egg
1 tsp Eggshell (ground up and microwave for 10 seconds and then grind with pestle and mortar)
1 tsp Sunflower oil
100g Spiralised courgette (or carrot, aubergine or other vegetables your dog likes)
30g Crudewheat germ (to sprinkle on top as 'cheese')
- In a pan with some sunflower oil, brown the meatballs slightly - this helps to hold them together in the sauce later. In a separate pan, add passata and bring to simmer.
- Drop meatballs in and add some water if needed. Put on the lid and simmer for 20 minutes until the meatballs are cooked through.
- When your meatballs are cooked, toss your vegetable spaghetti (courgetti!) into the sauce and cook for a further 2 minutes to soften the vegetables. You can serve them raw if your dog likes it that way too!
- Sprinkle the top with tasty crude wheatgerm flakes, salmon oil and a sprig of basil (optional), then serve!
Poppy’s Taste of Summer
Strawberries (or blueberries, raspberries, mango)
Plain Yogurt (you can use any full fat yoghurt. DO NOT use low fat yoghurt as it's may contain sweeteners, sugar or Xylitol - which is very dangerous for dogs)
Wash strawberries. Cut the greens off of the strawberries after washing them (or keep them in and hold the stalk when you feed ....they will eat it slower!).
Dip with a fork until coated place them on some parchment/wax paper
Freeze for an hour
Serve - you can leave to thaw for 5 minutes too!
Last for ages in a little container in the freezer. These are also great to add to a bowl of food.
Picnic in the Park - Low Fat Naked Chicken Goujon
400g Chicken Breast
80g (2 small slices) Bread, toasted
25g Chicken Egg
200g Sweet Potato, wedged
1tsp Poppy's Picnic SUPER SPRINKLES
20g Lamb Liver
2ml Grizzly Salmon Oil
Tomato Salad, served together
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Toast the bread
- Crack an egg into a bowl and set aside. Crush remaining eggshell and save for later.
- Add toasted bread and eggshell into food processor to whiz up to make breadcrumbs.
- Cut chicken breast into slices before dipping them into the egg. Allow excess to drip off.
- Add Poppy's Picnic SUPER SPRINKLES (for added crunchy texture) to breadcrumbs and roll the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture
- Place sweet potato on a tray with a baking sheet, and place the chicken on a separate tray.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes (or until cooked all the way through)
To share with your dog. A shot glass (30ml) for a 10kg dog!
1 Banana, chopped
9 Pineapple, chunks
Handful of kale
200ml Coconut water
1 tbsp Flaxseed Oil fatty acids
1 Ginger, small (size of the nail of your pinky finger)
Handful of spinach
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve around 30ml (size of a shot glass) to your dog and a normal size glass for you. Enjoy!