Dear Poppy's Pals,
Polystyrene. Grr! It's needed to keep your dog's raw dog food in tip-top condition, but wouldn't it be great if it could be recycled more easily?
From today we are happy to announce our free packaging returns scheme. In return for each batch of poly you send back we'll send you a bag of SUPER Sprinkles. It's just a little thank you from us for being so PAWsome and helping us to help the environment.
All you need to do is collect a minimum of 5 orders worth of packaging, which is enough to fit into two of our delivery boxes. You simply tape the boxes together so they comes back to us in one parcel.
How does it work?
- Take out your delicious raw food and store it in the freezer. Flat pack your clean polystyrene back into box it arrived in
- When you can fully fill 2 boxes with polystyrene, tape these together. Don’t forget to include your full name, phone number and email address inside the box!
- Email our VIP (Very Important Paws) Team on email@example.com and we will email you a FREE returns label to print
- Remove any old packing labels and attach the Pre-paid Return Postage Label. Make sure the two boxes are taped together securely!
- Take your return to any Collect Plus drop off point
- Await confirmation of the return and we will add your FREE treats to your next order!
If we had it our way, we'd do away with packaging altogether! However to guarantee your dog's meals arrive in perfect condition, we need to protect them. Over the last couple of years we have tested many alternative packaging (from wool to paper-filled liners, and even biodegradable mushroom fungus!). Currently, polystyrene is the only solution that works without adding extra cooling aids like dry ice (which if touched can burn both humans and dogs) or gel packs (especially in the extra hot summers and autumns we have been experiencing). New packaging is being created all the time and as soon as we find a better solution you will be the first to know.