Having pets at home is a blessing. If you are raw feeding dogs we know you’ll want to give them the very best raw dog food. Poppy’s Picnic raw dog food is handmade in the heart of Wiltshire by fourth generation butchers using fresh meat, offal, ground bone and dog-friendly vegetables. We preserve our food using nature’s own preserver – freezing.
Our fresh raw dog food is just like the food you and I eat, so when you handle raw mince at home for your favourite spag bol, safe handling is simply a matter of proper storage and everyday hygiene! This includes washing and wiping down all the tools used (i.e. bowl, knife, chopping board) and your kitchen countertops - and of course to wash your hands after. We’ve frozen the food for your pets at home for freshness, but this process also puts pay to parasites and bad bugs.
Here are some extra tips to keep in mind when handling raw dog food:
- If you don’t need to finish a whole pack in the day, simply store the remaining Mince or Meatballs in air-tight freezer bags to avoid any cross contamination.
- Use separate utensils to help you serve the raw dog food steadily and avoid getting it on the counter top by accident.
- Always wash your hands with warm to hot water and soap before and after handling raw food
- Wipe down all surfaces that have been in contact with the raw food.
- Keep all raw products at the bottom of the freezer to avoid any cross-contamination from any leakages.
- Make sure you dispose of all food packs once you have emptied them so it doesn’t come into contact with other foods.
There you have it - it’s actually more straightforward than most people think!
We are sure that you are a responsible pet parent and are already taking these precautions, but it’s always helpful to have a recap of these little details 😊
For more information please email or ring our VIP (Very Important Paws) Team on 01380 716599 or email firstname.lastname@example.org